We can offer school pupils (aged 14-17) from Wales and around the UK work experience placements between April and September for one or two weeks. Whether this is a formal part of your curriculum or you are just looking to broaden your own horizons and gain new experience in the field of marine conservation, please contact us to find out more and arrange a placement.
Working alongside our current volunteers and staff you will be involved in all aspects of our work and will be asked to complete a work experience diary during your time with us.
Example work experience task list:
- Greeting visitors and dealing with enquiries (face to face/telephone)
- Taking a boat booking
- Processing a gift shop sale
- Litter pick
- Rock pool aquarium maintenance
- CBMWC sightings board update
- Quay West sightings board update
- Land data entry
- Boat data entry
- Sightings data – website update
- Data checking
- Land survey
- Boat survey (subject to school approval and weather/availability)
All tasks are fully risked assessed and we have appropriate insurance to cover all activities.